Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mother's Day Revisted and more blending modes

These two are more attempts to work with different blending modes and see what kind of results I can get.  I know that PSE can create some beautiful effects, I just haven't always been able to get what's in my head to translate to the screen.

This one is one of the older pics I mention below, one of the ones that got my inspiration flowing again. It's from a trip my friend Lisa and I took to Franciscan University in Steubenville OH back in the summer of 2000. It was for a Defending the Faith conference and we had such a good time. I'm really pleased at how with one came out-


Lastly, I have this one from Mother's Day this year-

Again I played with the blending modes on the two papers I used as the background, and I was pleased and surprised by the results. I also had a chance to use more traditional Photoshop skills on this one, as when we had gone out to eat there wasn't anyone around to take a pic of the four of us. Brian had joked at one point that he could just do this-
and I could Photoshop myself into that shot.

So I did! Not a bad job, but I can certainly tell. It was a fun project in any case, and now I'm feeling more inspired to keep scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment