Monday, January 26, 2015

Round Robin Week 3

I am fortunate to be able to work as part of the Creative Team for Jilbert's Bits of Bytes and when she collaborates on one of the Round Robin events I get to play with even more toys! :)

Here's the page I made as part of the CT-


Kit: Sea Cruise Collab Carin Grobe Disign and Jilbert's Bits of Bytes
Fonts: Postino STD and Segoe Print
#studioroundrobin
available here
Here's the same page done for my scrapbook-


I love a kit that I can use in both 12x12 and 8.5x11 for scrapping!

The photo is of my Grandfather, Karl Eckhardt at the beach in Atlantic City in 1962. My parents were living in...Philadelphia...I think. Either there or in New Jersey, and Grandma and Grandpa came out to see them. This was a couple of years before I was born. I just love the deckled edge on the photo, and had to work to get my scanner to recognize it. I finally had to put a dark piece of paper behind it to get it to scan correctly, and then outline and delete the excess. I also played with making a custom drop shadow for it. Most of the time I'm content to use the standard drop shadow in PSE. But such a special photo deserved special treatment! I used this video to learn more about creating the custom shadow. I had a great time working on this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment