Wednesday, January 2, 2013

There is power in the Faith

How many times have I heard the bible stories of people who were saved by their faith? The paralytic, the woman with the bleeding, and others and thought, "I wish I had that kind of faith?"

I DO have that kind of Faith!

As a priest reminded me in confession recently, there is POWER in our Faith. Power to overcome, power to see beyond ourselves and into Glory. We have but to USE the power of our Faith, to claim it through the Graces given us by Jesus in the Sacraments.

The power is there, it just takes work, sometimes more than others, to see it. First and foremost, it takes prayer.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always.  
17 Pray without ceasing.  
18 In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

See how this goes back to my commitment to rejoice? Rejoicing and praying are so intertwined that one way to remember to rejoice in the Lord is to TALK to Him!

The power of my Faith is also fueled by the Sacraments, most especially Holy Communion and Reconciliation. I want to look fwrther into how ALL the sacraments affect my Faith and it's power in my life (A post for another time though).

My Faith is also fostered by community. Family and friends, and the Communion of Saints in both the Church Militant and the Church Triumphant. Asking for help, asking for prayers can be a source of power in my Faith as well.

This last reason is one of the many that I am so looking forward to starting our new bible study next week on The Year of Faith by Fr. Mitch Pacwa.

Lead on Holy Spirit, show us the way to the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment