Thursday, April 17, 2014

Battle

The other day I started to pray the St. Michael prayer but in my mind I said, 'St. Michael the Archangel protect us from battle'.

But that's not how it goes, is it?

St. Michael the Archangel, DEFEND us in battle.

That is what we cry out in prayer. For the battle is here and now and all around us. God never promised us release from the battlefield, only that we could call upon His aid and that of His holy angels in our times of deepest need.

I do battle tonight, with my weakness, my anger, my desolation.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend me in battle,
Be my protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him I humbly pray.
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God
Cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
Who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of my soul. Amen

All you Angels and Saints, pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment