Sunday, September 23, 2012

September Scrapping

I've been scrapping like made this month, theStudio is having their Birthday Bash and Next Designer Challenge all month long.

Starting off, I have my Progressive Scrap for this month, another heritage page-
Kit: Old School September Mega Kit from theStudio
Day 1: Janet B, Amber Shaw, Mad Genius, Linda Cumberland, and The Urban Fairy
Day 2: ADB Designs and Aimee Harrison Designs
Day 3: Janet B and Amber Shaw Designs
Day 4: Piggyscraps, Linda Cumberland Designs
Day 5: Nibbles Skribbles and Mad Genius Designs
Day 6: Sweet MaDe, Scrappy Cocoa, and The Urban Fairy
Day 7: ADB Designs and Aimee Harrison Designs

After working through much of the Help for Heritage Photos at Digital Scrapper, I had this photo of Nana and Papaw pretty much ready to scrap. I thought the Mega Kit for this month, Old School would work beautifully for this photo.

I also participated in the Layout Artist competition. I didn't make it past the first round, but I did take part in the 2nd chance challenges for the rest of the month. One of the things I love about theStudio is how they encourage participation even in elimination contests!

So, here's my week 1 entry, we were given a coupon to get the Black Holes kit by Nibbles Skribbles, and had to use it for a layout to showcase the kit. When I saw the kit I immediately remembered our 'trip to Mars' (details here)-
Kit: Black Holes by Nibbles Skribbles
Font: Graphite Std

For the first week of the 2nd chance competition, we were given a choice of templates to use, and had to use one of the Week 1 or 2 Next Designer Competition entries. I used the beautiful Celestial Moonlight kit by Jilbert with the Templation: Hodge Podge template by Scrappy Cocoa (details here) to highlight this photo of my folks when they went on their Alaskan Cruise a few years ago-
Kit: Celestial Moonlight by Jilbert
Template: Templation: Hodge Podge by Scrappy Cocoa
Fonts: Kunstler Script and Caflisch Script Pro

The next week, we were given a gorgeous sampler to build a page (details here). I paired it with a photo from the charades costume party from my 16th birthday and loved how it came out!
Kit: Festival of Colour Sampler by LouCee Creations
Font: Monotype Corsiva

Lastly, we had to create two pages,  one with a sampler (details here), and one using parts from at least 5 designers in the 2nd Chances Blog Hop.

For the first one, I chose a wide range of smiles from my kiddo-
 Kit: My First Day Sampler by Flower Scraps 
 Fonts: Graphite Std and HP PSG

and for the second one (details here), these photos of Rooter in the tub were perfect!
Kit: Second Chances Blog Hop from Digital Scrapbooking Studio 
 Parts include:
Background paper: Digiliscious Designs
Pink bubble paper & White corner buttons (middle frame): Lara's Digi World
Blue Scatter: Piggyscraps
Orange Scatter: theStudio Design Team
Blue Swirls: Booland Designs
Orange Swirl: Janet B Designs
Grey Frame: Studio4 Designworks
Blue Grey Buttons: Just Me Digital
Orange Flower Button: LouCee Designs
Diamond Border (top frame): Julie C Designs
Alpha: ADB Designs

All in all, a great month of scrapping and LOTS of great freebies in the NDC 2012! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment